Don’t get your hopes up, I’m not giving away $2013.00. I am however partaking in another giveaway of $100.00 cash or Amazon gift card! Just follow me on Twitter to be entered!
I’m human, I like to daydream. Some say it’s not a good thing to live in the ‘what could be’ but I like to have fun with it sometimes. The difference is, that I don’t usually dream about what I would do with a few million if I won the lottery or anything crazy because one, I don’t play the lottery, and two I really don’t think anyone knows what they would honestly do if they came into that kind of money. I like to stick with a more realistic daydreaming number, say, $2013.00.
If I came into $2013.00 and couldn’t use it for additional debt payments this is how I would spend it (note- when I say ‘I’, I mean ‘we’ since I’m married and there’s no way I could hid $2013.00 worth of purchases from my husband, not that I would):
- Dishwasher. Ours broke five months ago and while it is a convenience more than a necessity I want one SO bad. It’s not so much about the task of doing dishes anymore it’s the time it’s taking away from other things. I honest-to-God spend at least 30-45mins/day washing and drying dishes. Being home all day and prepping every meal for me+hubby+baby=messy dishes. OCD Catherine+dishes on counter/in sink=no go. My water bill has gone up too. While I used to run the dishwasher like three time per week, I now do at least two sink-fulls of dishes every day. Oh, and my hands? They’re a mess. $500.00
- Bedding. I am a super frugal gal but there is one area I won’t skimp on, and that’s where I sleep. I will pay for a good bed and good sheets/duvet (but always shop for the best sales still). We’re down to one set that fits our bed and would really like one more set. $100.00
- Coach Purse. Ok now we’re talking fun spending money. I’d really like a nice Coach purse. I have a wallet and small purse that I use everyday (when I’m not lugging my small diaper bag) but would like a normal size purse to match my wallet. $200.00
- Car Detailing. Both hubby and I are neurotically clean people but as I’m sure you all know, dust and dirt breeds new species in the cracks and crevices of vehicles. I would love nothing more than to drop our vehicle off and have it looking brand spankin’ new. $100.00
- New Laptop. Hubby has a swanky new laptop he gets from work and a home office computer but I’d love a new laptop, I use his old work one which has literally caught fire, but still works! I don’t need an iAnything so will budget $600.00
- New watch for Hubby. I’m get an imaginary Coach purse, he should get something too! $200.00
- Table saw. We have every other tool under the sun but I’d really like a table saw to complete our tool collection, yes, our tool collection, I may want a Coach purse but I love me a good power tool or #2 Phillips. I’ll find one for $313.00 😉
So there ya have it, that’s pretty darn close to how I’d spend it (I’d also seriously look into a family vacation for under 2k).
Since I can’t give away $2013.00, $100 will have to do, maybe it will be the start of your dream fund? Follow me on Twitter for a chance to win!
Did everyone survive last night? Are we a wee bit hungover today?
I had my second dry NYE in a row (pregnancy, and now breastfeeding) so I feel fantastic!
Enjoy Plunged in Debt?
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.