First off, can we all please have a look at my snazzy new header?? Isn’t it lovely?! It was made by a local graphic/web designer, Aaron Jeffrey who was great to work with, super fast and has unbeatable pricing. If anyone is in the market for any graphic design needs please message me for details!
For me,Valentines Day is a crock of
shit roses. I know millions of people feel completely different on this subject soaking up all the lovey-dovey-kissy-barfy gooiness up but not for this little lady. I’d hope that my husband treats me the same everyday, and shouldn’t be reminded at every corner that on February 14th he is to show me affection or he’s going to rot in hell. This has nothing to do with frugality either.
I’m not a total V-day hater though. Hubby bought our baby girl Valentines to ‘sign’ (as best she can at 8 months) and mail out (to the friends she doesn’t yet know she has). It’s pretty cute. I enjoyed Valentines day in elementary school with the candy giving and friends swapping cards, as an adult I just can’t buy into the insanity of it all.
Are you a Valentines day hater too, but unsure if your significant other feels the same way about the big day? Don’t screw up, buy a gift! It’s always better to buy something and have them tell you they sort of hate Valentines day as well, rather than finding out they actually secretly love it and are left heartbroken.
Without putting too much strain on your wallet, here are five gift ideas, for men and women that will be well received and won’t break the bank:
- Expensive chocolate. You read that right, I’m telling you it’s better to buy a small amount of expensive chocolate than a lot of cheap crap. Trust me. I’m a woman of many moods, all of which require chocolate.
- Flowers. It doesn’t have to be roses, tulips for example are pretty and inexpensive. I don’t know any woman who doesn’t love having flowers in her home.
- Time with YOU. This one is super cheap. Stay home, unplug the TV, computer, iDevices and entertain yourselves 😉
- A board game you can do together or as a family. Again, this gets back to the whole quality time thing.
- A framed photo. Frame their favorite picture; couple photo, pic of child/pet, sports hero…a picture you know they love but don’t yet fully enjoy in a frame.
So there ya have it folks, you can celebrate the big day without breaking the bank! To help you out a little, I’m co-hosting a $100.00 cash giveaway (your choice, $100.00 paypal cash or Amazon giftcard) Good Luck!